A P J Abdul Kalam
Father of Indian Missile Technology
A P J Abdul Kalam giving speech at BITS- Pilani, Goa
Here's the Time line of Dr. A P J Abdul Kalam life:
- 1931: Born Avul Pakir Jainulabdeen Abdul Kalam on October 15, in Rameswaram, Tamil Nadu.
- 1954: Graduates in Physics from Saint Joseph's College, Tiruchirappalli, in 1954.
- 1960: Gains degree in Aeronautical Engineering from Madras Institute of Technology.
- 1969: Transferred to ISRO from the DRDO.
- 1980: India enters the space club by putting the Rohini satellite in the near earth orbit with the first indigenous Satellite Launch Vehicle (SLV-III), developed under the stewardship of Dr. Kalam.
- 1980s-1990s: As the chief of the Integrated Guided Missile Development Programme, he was responsible for the development and operationalisation of AGNI and PRITHVI Missiles.
- 1992-1999: works as Chief Scientific Advisor to the PM and Secretary of the DRDO.
- 1998: India conducts the Pokhran II nuclear tests in May with Dr. Kalam as the chief project coordinator.
- 1999-2001: Principal Scientific Advisor to the Government of India.
- 2002-2007: President of India
- 2015: The 11th President of India, widely acclaimed as the "people's President", passed away.
All birds finds Shelter during a rain.
But Eagle avoids rain by flying above the clouds.
Problems are common to everyone,
but ATTITUDE makes the difference!!!
If you have time, you should read more about
this incredible human being on his Wikipedia entry .